金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
站內職務  yuguhun55@hotmail.com
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-28 17:00 
– Regional ChairmanBy Jarryl BryanWith Mahdia, Region Eight (Potaro/Siparuni) being on the brink of township status, according to recent pronouncements from Minister of Communities Ronald Bulkan, a recent visit by this publication to the area and its environs reveals that much work remains to be done for the country’s foremost mining community.And according to the newly installed Regional Chairman, Bonaventure Fredericks, the community’s elevation could not have come at a better time, owing to the overall slowdown in business within the community. According to Fredericks, the community’s business sector would enjoy a boost.“It (community) will be boosted everywhere. Taxes are necessary to develop, and we will be getting revenue into the community, through taxes.”Region 8 Chairman Bonaventure FredericksAccording to the Chairman,China NBA Jerseys, Mahdia’s rate of business has been on the slump for the past two years, due largely to the global drop in gold prices. Worse, Fredericks went on to point out that while the gold prices may have dropped, prices for fuel and food items have remained the same – inflated.Fredericks noted that as fuel and food supplies form an integral part of any mining operation, this serves to compound the financial hardship being experienced. Added to this is the decline in gold declarations.“The present gold mining methods (land dredge) mean gold is a bit harder to extract. Some may use excavators, but the results to successfully proceed are not there.”“Someone may say they burn ten (10) drums of fuel, but only get two (2) ounces of gold (to show for efforts). This cannot compensate,Cheap Stitched MLB Jerseys,” Fredericks said, pointing out a few challenges that mining operators face.At one time Mahdia nightlife would have become notorious for its late-night binges and frolicking as pork knockers sought out entertainment denied to them by months of hard work and isolation. However, with the recent imposition of a countrywide 2a.m. curfew on all liquor-selling establishments,Supply Authentic NFL Jerseys, the community was essentially muted after this went into effect.Commenting on the development, Fredericks said he welcomed the directive, which came from the Minister of Public Security (formerly Ministry of Home Affairs) Khemraj Ramjattan.The Chairman opined that the curfew has impacted Mahdia for the better.Residents say cattle and other animals roam freely within the Mahdia Police Station/Magistrate’s Court compound“Before the curfew there was a lawlessness that used to exist during the entire sporting night.Since this came on stream, we have more discipline in the community. So I support the 2 a.m. curfew.”PRESSING ISSUESMeanwhile, talks with residents revealed other pressing issues affecting the community. Among those issues was the prevailing absence of landline telephone services and the state of the Mahdia Police Station/Magistrate’s Court.In addition to residents’ complaints of the lack of washroom facilities within the compound,Cheap Jerseys From China, which was inadequately fenced, this publication was able to observe cattle and other animals roaming freely within the compound, along with garbage.Residents also complained bitterly of the policy of the Mahdia Power and Light, which occasions the shutting off of power from 06:00hrs to midday, in a bid to save fuel and the myriad potholes throughout the community and its environs. Residents also touched on the police presence in the community, pointing out that with the deplorable state of the roads, police vehicles were especially susceptible to damage.“When you do ten miles on these roads in the police vehicle, it’s like you do a hundred miles in Georgetown, owing to the conditions of the roads. The police need new vehicles every three years,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, and the old vehicles carried to town. The police are working as a body and they’re handicapped.”The graduation to township status – in a bid to complement the existing towns: Georgetown, the capital, New Amsterdam, Corriverton and Rose Hall in Region Six, Anna Regina,Wholesale China Jerseys, Region Two and Linden, Region Ten – was announced by Bulkan, shortly after he became Minister of Communities.Three other communities – Mabaruma in Region One, Bartica in Region Seven and Lethem in Region Nine – will also be upgraded within that time. Bulkan had noted that the communities will each have its own Mayor and Councillors. The new towns will then be able to provide all the services that other Municipalities offer, including sanitation, banking and other Government services.It is expected that the fo

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-30 01:24 
After more than a decade of saying it has been sidelined by the government of the day,Cheap Jerseys, it appears that things are on the mend for the Guyana Public Service Union (GPSU).Yesterday, Minister of State?Joseph Harmon?who also holds responsibility for the Public Service Department,NFL Jerseys China, accompanied by a team from the ministry, met with GPSU representatives at the union’s headquarters on Regent Street.According to a Government release, the minister told the GPSU executives that the administration recognizes that a “relationship is not just about the employee stretching to the employer, but it is also about the employer reaching out to the employee”.He added that it is Government’s intention to establish a relationship of mutual understanding. “Harmon further re-emphasized Government’s adherence to the collective bargaining agreement and the intention to honour agreements that will be made with the union through “free and fair bargaining”.”The visit comes on the heels of a letter from the union requesting an urgent meeting.“The GPSU raised a number of issues affecting both the union and public servants in general. They also expressed gratitude for early evidence that collaborations and negotiations with the David Granger-led administration will be much more fruitful than what existed with the previous government.”Harmon was accompanied by Permanent Secretary of the Public Service Department,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,?Reginald Brotherson,Cheap Jerseys,?and Head of the Political Division, Ministry of the Presidency,?Frederick Mc Wilfred. The Government and the GPSU are expected to meet again before the end of 2015 when firmer decisions will be taken and policies will be agreed upon.GPSU,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, which has its largest bloc of membership coming from the public service,Wholesale Jerseys, has been complaining that the previous Government for years has been arbitrarily announcing salary increases without consultations or in according to the collective labour agreements.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-30 09:12 
Justice of Appeal,Wholesale NBA Jerseys China, Charles Ramson Sr. could be the new Attorney General.During a press conference yesterday,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, President Bharrat Jagdeo stated that he will announce the name of the person who will take up the position shortly.Last evening,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, a source close to the Office of the President said that Ramson is the leading pick since Speaker Ralph Ramkarran was not asked and since Canada-based Kaisree Chatarpaul who acknowledged to talking with the people in the administration claimed that no one mentioned anything further with him.Ramson had served as Attorney General before but returned to private practice prior to his appointment as Justice of Appeal.Ramson,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, a Senior Counsel,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, could be replacing Senior Counsel Doodnauth Singh,Cheap Jerseys From China, who vacated office at the end of January after serving the profession for over 55 years.Singh submitted his resignation in December last.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-30 16:25 
Air Services Limited (ASL) has paid some $3M in medical bills for the 12 passengers who were injured in the Matthews Ridge plane crash.A release issued yesterday by ASL stated that all the passengers have been discharged from hospital.“All 12 passengers are now out of hospital. Medical bills paid by ASL so far total approximately $3M,Cheap NFL Jerseys China,” the release said.“ASL has also disbursed approximately $600,Wholesale China Jerseys,000 to cover incidental expenses and transportation costs. ASL staff members have stayed in touch with all 12 passengers. They had meetings with them last Friday, 19th July and Monday,Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys, 22nd July, to discuss claims for compensation,” it added.According to the release, Esther Williams,Discount NFL Jerseys, of Baramita and Urmella Rajesh, of Berbice underwent surgery for fractured facial bones. They were the last two passengers to be discharged from the St. Joseph Mercy Hospital last Saturday.“They are scheduled for a follow-up visit this Thursday,China NFL Jerseys, 25 July 2013 with Dr. Abalberto Fernandes. They are staying with relatives in Mocha, EBD, and Enmore, East Coast Demerara respectively,” the release said.“Previously Aloma Massay (injury to right leg) Lloyd Thomas (main injuries to right shoulder, wrist and forehead) and Ulan Benjamin (hip injury) were sent home last Thursday. Dexter Benjamin who suffered lacerations on the lower right eye-lid was discharged from the Balwant Singh Hospital on Wednesday 17th July.The release stated that five other passengers – Naline Dellon, Wesley Johnson, Troy Henry, Clifton Campbell and Sheldon Williams – were treated and discharged from Woodlands Hospital on the same day of the crash.The remaining passenger, Christina Mangru, opted to travel out with ASL from Matthews Ridge the day after the crash, 16th July,Cheap Jerseys From China, and was seen and discharged from Woodlands Hospital on the same day.“ASL thanks all passengers for their patience and understanding. Any queries can be addressed to ASL’s Personnel Manager Mr. Umadat Singh, (ASL, Ogle Airport Tel: 222-1234) who has been interfacing with passengers and their families.”The pilot and passengers suffered injuries when the Cessna Caravan aircraft they were in crashed at Matthew’s Ridge two Mondays ago in inclement weather.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-2 22:08 
A Jamaican’s daring struggle for justiceBy Dr. Glenville Ashby Dalton Yap tells a rueful tale of dashed ambition,Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic, duplicity and the instinctive will to survive, at any cost.A Jamaican national with strong ties to his Chinese roots, Yap paints his own portrait – that of a driven man, almost obsessed with success at the workplace. A former employee of Jamaica Citizens Bank, Yap is derailed, the fall guy of a cover up involving banking irregularities, negligence, malfeasance and conspiracy to defraud. The plot thickens, and so too is the cloud of suspicion, as fingers point to Yap, to the consternation of family and friends. Yap narrates his woes with raw intensity, as he initially wilts under scrutiny and obvious embarrassment. His irascibility, his pain, his withdrawal take a toll on his wife and kids. To garner greater literary impact, Yap uses the first person recollections of his wife and children. The emotional turmoil at home is near palpable. “I was his little star,” his daughter reflects, but his predicament caused a frightening uneasiness. “I was only ten when I met another side of my father…”Yap is consumed by rage, but redirects it, standing his ground, determined to fight back. He proves an unyielding fighter,NFL Jerseys From China, ever willing to confront his adversaries,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, even at the highest judicial level. But A Matter of Conduct transcends court battles and legal intrigues. Rather, it is an account that spirals down the slippery slope of Social Darwinism.? Yap is facing a seemingly insurmountable battle but he is unswerving, unearthing a resourcefulness that borders on primal, atavistic and self-serving. This is the crux of “Conduct.” It is an inexorable lesson of the will to survive. “Two years is a long time to wait for your life to return to you,” Yap notes.Amid the incredulity of his situation, Yap inveighs against his tormentors. Surely, they rot of deceit. But Yap is no choir boy either. In asking a friend to risk his career by securing computer data under the shroud of darkness, is questionable. Long on his emotional agony, he appears cavalier in potentially leading his friend into dangerous, uncharted waters. Yap states otherwise: “Before this I had never known what it was like to impose on others…but I was now learning that sometimes you need to hold your hand up and ask. You just have to muscle up and fight back.” He immediately adds: ‘I would, on one other occasion benefit from the information coming from within the bank’s walls.” Conniving? Then again, a drowning man will grasp at straws.Yap’s narration forms a matrix of interesting plots. On the surface, avarice stares at you,Cheap Jerseys, unflinching, as though lifted from that popular TV feature, “American Greed.” On a subcutaneous level, it is axiomatic, an extolment of the importance of family support in the face of disaster. Despite his prodigious legal team, it is his family that saves him from the depths of despair and emotional irreparability. For those who have cracked, living a blighted existence, one must ask: “How many could have been saved if others had only lent an ear?” Yap well understands this. Professional counselling at the behest of his sister proves helpful. He is advised to compartmentalise his problems, an approach that eases his insomnia. Of his family, he writes: “The test that brought me to my knees also brought me more knowledge…It armed me with the unshakable certainty that my family will remain intact no matter the obstacle….” Admirably, he refers to his siblings as his coaches, his life jackets,Cheap Jerseys China, and his voice.In many ways, A Matter of Conduct inadvertently raises nagging sociological questions. Indeed, its message is lucid and loud: A wholesome family, privilege and access to resources, unfortunately enjoyed by a minority in every society, are a bulwark against injustice.Deservedly, Yap triumphs, winning an undisclosed settlement against his former employer,Wholesale NBA Jerseys Authentic, after having his case adjudicated before the Privy Council. The brewing tension, as his fate is decided by the contents of a brown envelop, is well captured. Yap makes full use of cadence and tone in every word. ?”… I shook as I snatched it (the envelope) from him,” referring to his lawyer. “My mouth went dry as I pulled out the contents.”Yap has since moved on, obviously bruised and less trusting. Yet, he remains thankful and optimistic in the innate goodness of human nature. “I honour my commitments as I always have, and truly believe that our initial instinct is to do right by one another,” he muses, but

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-3 15:21 
…as Bangladesh envoy presents credentialsPresident David Granger toasts to strengthened relations on climate change between Guyana and Bangladesh, with High Commissioner Mohammad ZiauddinPresident David Granger yesterday called for the cordial relations between Guyana and the People’s Republic of Bangladesh to be significantly enhanced,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, particularly in the area of climate change, as the country’s High Commissioner to Guyana, Mr. Mohammad Ziauddin, presented his Letters of Credence at State House.During brief remarks, President Granger stated that Guyana and Bangladesh have shared cordial relations since the two countries established diplomatic ties on March 24, 1972.“We share many common positions on international affairs. We share a common commitment to the principles and objectives of the United Nations, the Non-Aligned Movement and the Commonwealth,Jerseys NFL Cheap,” the President said.The Head of State said that given that the two countries are highly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change; this is an area in which they should pursue cooperation at both bilateral and multilateral levels. As such, the President said that Guyana looks forward to learning more about the steps that Bangladesh is taking to combat the threats posed by climate change.“Guyana and Bangladesh,Wholesale China Jerseys, together,Jerseys China Wholesale, can continue to agitate for increased and more rapid climate financing for small-island developing and low-lying coastal states,” he said.The High Commissioner,NFL Jerseys Outlet, during his remarks said that he highly anticipated meeting with the President, and that his excitement stemmed from having absorbed information about Guyana’s history and observing the beauty of the country and its warm and friendly people.He said that the Government of Bangladesh believes that in today’s globalised world, relations should be strengthened with “friends on distant shores”,Authentic Jerseys Wholesale, adding that his country now sees it important to reach out to countries in Central and South America to build the bridges of friendship.“It is now time to explore the untapped potential of our two countries for further development of our peoples. My primary objective would be to strengthen cooperation and the overall relationship between our two countries. I shall remain committed to taking the bilateral relations between the two friendly countries to a new height. I will do my best to bring our two countries closer. I know that with your blessings that our venture will be successful,” he said in conclusion.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-3 19:54 
The Guyana Defence Force (GDF) announced yesterday that it has activated ‘Operation Plexus’ to ensure the stability and security of the nation during the elections period.Troops at Base Camp Ayanganna“Since the announcement of a date for General and Regional Elections,Cheap Sports Jerseys, our troops have been immersed in training to fulfill its role of supporting the police if required to do so. Training was focused exclusively on internal security areas such as crowd dispersal drills, cordon and search activities,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, the conduct of road blocks and the suppression of unlawful assemblies,” the army said yesterday.Currently, troops are being deployed to various parts of the country to deal with any situation that require their involvement and support for the provision and maintenance of peaceful and stable communities.“The end state,China NFL Jerseys, is to ensure that the General and Regional Elections are executed in a safe,jerseys from china, secure, and stable environment,Wholesale China Jerseys, and that a state of normalcy is maintained throughout. There is absolutely no need for you the citizens to be fearful of the presence of our troops in your communities as we are deploying to ensure your safety. We urge that, as responsible citizens who have always respected and co-operated with the military, you will be supportive of our tasks as we interact with you from day to day,Wholesale Basketball Jerseys, during this period.”The army assured that its officers and ranks remain professional and committed to its constitutional obligations to assist the civil authorities in the maintenance of law and order.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-4 15:17 
Single mothers who depend on every dime to provide their children with fulfilling Christmases say that this year will be more difficult, since collecting child support payments from the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court has become an unbearable hassle.They describe the process of collecting their children’s entitlement and an additional source of income for making their holidays great, as an intolerable two, sometimes three-day worry.A small group of the women during their wait in the compound of the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court Thursday.One woman said that “single mothers got to take one whole day off from work just so that we can stand in the line at the court to sign for we cheques. Then after waiting there for hours, we does have to go back the next day to collect the cheques.“Most of the time,NFL Jerseys From China, by the time we get it, the bank does be closed and we does have to take time off? from work again, to go to the Bank of Guyana and cash the cheques”.Several of the women who came from various parts of the country to collect the monies from the Magistrates’ Court at Middle Street on Tuesday, last, complained about the inconvenience.Kaieteur News understands that the “two days of running” started after another fraud pertaining to the child support funds was unearthed last September.The women are pleading with those in authority to change the uncomfortable procedure, since only hardworking single mothers are suffering.“We are poor women struggling to do everything we can to make our children happy,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, and if doing what we doing now ain’t hard enough, we getting more and more worries,” one mother said.She noted that she was already warned last month about taking two consecutive days off from work every month. “If I get fired what will happen then? Will them extremely slow workers here at the court be blamed for that?” the woman queried.The women argued that the situation is such because the staffers who are handling the child support monies are “incapable, and slow”.“Is not like is anything hard. All we does got to get is signatures. And that does take them a whole day. This thing could be made easy on we if only these people had feelings and if they de doing what the people money paying them to do. We does be so stressed out worrying about we two days pay that we losing out and these people in here don’t care. Anybody could even go in and see when the girl signing the cheque how long she does take. Like is a masterpiece work of art,” one of the women said.Another lamented that she was not even aware of the new two-day procedure and had gone to the court with just a one- way transportation fare. She explained that she was then forced to beg the other women there for the return fare.“Them other women didn’t have much, but them pool li’l bit, li’l bit and I got to go home. I drink water to sleep that night. I had to buy textbooks for my child the day before, and I didn’t get paid yet, so I didn’t have any money. I was waiting for my child’s father to send money. I had to send my daughter for dinner at my mother’s house,” the woman complained.“This is Christmas time. We got children looking to us for something nice. My daughter almost finish High School and she never went to a school party before. I was hoping to make everything perfect for she last one, but if this continues I gon can’t do that.“Imagine if I tek another day off to come here and then I get send home from work,Jerseys NFL China, what gon happen then?” another woman asked.Another woman claimed that she had been waiting at the court for many hours with her less-than-a-month-old baby. She noted that she was still experiencing post partum pains,Cheap Football Jerseys, but since she had no money at home and other children to take care of,Wholesale Jerseys, she had to “struggle” and take the baby with her.The woman told this newspaper that she had been waiting for many hours just to give her signature so that she can go back the following day (yesterday) to uplift her cheque.“They told me that I got to come back tomorrow. Now if I don’t come back my children will have to starve, and if I do, they gon got to stay home from school. And now is test time. The least that these people could’ve done was inform people of this ridiculous new process,China Jerseys Cheap,” the lady said.Single mothers who depend on their ‘child support’, are now calling on the relevant authorities to look into the situation.“If this continues our children won’t have the Christmas that we want them to have. So all of we here begging those on the throne to help us. We fighting every day to provide food for our children, and all

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-4 19:30 
The Guyana Police Force is seeking the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions to determine how to proceed with charges against a teenaged schoolboy who was found in possession of an illegal firearm in his school bag during school hours last Friday.The schoolboy remains in police custody,Wholesale Jerseys From China, assisting detectives with their investigations.A police source informed that the student is claiming that he found the weapon in his yard a week ago and kept it in his schoolbag.“He is still culpable because it was found in his possession,China NFL Jerseys,” the source told this newspaper.Kaieteur News understands that although the weapon,Cheap Jerseys From China Outlet, a .22 semi automatic pistol,Wholesale Football Jerseys, was seized by the head master of a Lower East Coast Demerara school last Friday,Wholesale Jerseys China, the matter was only brought to the attention of the police on Tuesday.According to the source the discovery was made by another student who went into the suspect’s bag and saw the weapon which had no rounds.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-6 02:45 
One day after the country witnessed yet another domestic violence case that had a fatal ending, a 34-year-old woman was rushed to the hospital yesterday after she was stabbed multiple times about the body, allegedly by her reputed husband.Sharmaine Mc Kay,China Jerseys Cheap, 34, of Bachelors Adventure, was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation yesterday afternoon by neighbours who discovered the woman lying in a pool of blood on her front steps.According to one neighbour,Wholesale China Jerseys, Jocelyn Montague,Cheap Jerseys From China, another neighbour came to her yesterday afternoon and said that something was wrong with Sharmaine.The woman said that she immediately dropped what she was doing and ran to see what was going on.Montague said that when she arrived at Mc Kay’s residence which is located directly behind her home, the woman was lying on the steps bleeding profusely.“I was so shocked to see Sharmaine in that condition,” Montague said. The woman said that she along with other neighbours quickly wrapped Mc Kay with pieces of cloth and rushed her to the hospital.Montague said that as the neighbours were attempting to lift Mc Kay off the steps the woman “turn and ask we if we could tek this knife out of she.”According to Montague, every one who was present just started to scream when they saw that the knife had broken inside of her.The woman’s clothing and some articles in her home were all soaked with kerosene,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, prompting neighbours to think that the suspect was attempting to burn the victim and the house.Another neighbour said that Mc Kay was probably stabbed since around 15:30 hrs yesterday, because that was the time she left the corner stand where she works as a vendor.Mc Kay was eventually wrapped with the pieces of clothing and rushed to the hospital, where doctors were desperately trying to stabilize her condition.Another neighbour who was present at the hospital told Kaieteur News that Mc Kay had endured an abusive relationship with the suspect for the past two years.“Is only two weeks back he lashed her in her face with a cutlass and she reported the matter to the police”. He was subsequently charged and remanded.However the suspect was granted bail in the High Court and was out on the streets.Hospital sources told Kaieteur News that Mc Kay received multiple stab wounds to the head,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, abdomen, hands and feet. Mc Kay also received abrasions to the face and arms.Kaieteur News understands that her throat was also slashed and the knife was still lodged in her abdomen.Up to press time she was waiting to be taken to the operating theatre for surgery to remove the knife.?OUTRAGEPersons who were present yesterday at the hospital expressed outrage at the number of women who suffer at the hands of their male counterparts.Only Wednesday last, 27-year-old Omattie Kallicharran,Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys, called “Reshma”, a mother of one, was stabbed to death by her reputed husband Vishnudat Thajram.After stabbing his reputed wife Thajram ingested poison and slit his throat, he subsequently died at the Georgetown Public Hospital.That attack added to the growing list of fatal cases of domestic violence which have occurred.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-6 08:16 
A former student of Bishops’ High School and resident of Vryheid’s Lust, Jacy Archibald,Cheap Jerseys From China, was on October 15, last admitted to practise law at the bar in Guyana.Mr. Archibald fulfilled his lifelong dream of becoming an Attorney at law after years of hard work and sacrifice.His early school days were spent at St. Agnes Nursery and Primary. He then qualified for Bishops’ High School. He graduated in 2002 and immediately commenced reading for his Bachelor’s of Law degree at the University of Guyana.In 2005 he successfully completed his reading for the LLB but had to wait for five years before he could proceed to Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad and Tobago. He said that financial constraints played a great role in his pursuit of his legal education. In 2010 he was awarded a scholarship from the Guyana Forestry Commission where he worked as the Corporate Secretary after he had secured his LLB.His petition was presented by Mrs. Shalimar Ali-Hack,Cheap Jerseys, Director of Public Prosecutions,NFL Jerseys Authentic China, before Chief Justice Ian Chang. Mrs. Ali-Hack said that she had complete confidence in Archibald’s ability to become an excellent attorney.She noted in her petition that Mr. Archibald has a passion for the criminal law and is desirous of prosecuting. Mrs. Ali-Hack emphasised that she had the privilege of witnessing Mr. Archibald’s abilities, excellent work ethic, professionalism and a keen eye for detail during his brief tenure at her Chambers. Chief Justice Ian Chang, charged the young attorney to continue his hard work and success would undoubtedly follow him.Archibald will continue to function as the Corporate Secretary of the Guyana Forestry Commission where he is expected to be exposed to various degrees of civil law.At his admissions hearing,Soccer Jerseys From China, Mr. Archibald thanked his wife Roxanda for innumerable sacrifices and his parents,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Ercellen and James,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, for their unending support. He also thanked family and friends for their support as well.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-9 18:13 
It was no smooth sailing for Donald Ramotar, the Presidential Candidate of the incumbent People’s Progressive Party Civic,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, when he went to cast his ballot at the Plaisance Polling Station, East Coast Demerara yesterday morning.Plaisance is a community that is not known to have supported Ramotar’s People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C), which is seeking another five years in office.Donald Ramotar expresses his frustration during the voting process, yesterday. Next to him are his wife Deolatchmee and son Alvaro.Ramotar’s arrival at the polling station was greeted by the members of the opposition coalition APNU, who chanted “No place for Donald,” a catch phrase made popular by APNU Prime Ministerial Candidate, Dr Rupert Roopnarine.Ramotar entered the Polling Station with his wife, Deolatchmee,NFL Jerseys Cheap, and children Lisaveta,Cheap NFL Jerseys Online, Alvaro, and Alexei. The crowd became angry, complaining that they had been waiting in the line.Confusion erupted when the Presiding Officer and her staff demanded that the media leave the Polling Station. When the polling staff then closed the door to the polling station with Ramotar and his family inside,Cheap Jerseys, the crowd protested again, saying that the door to the polling station should not be closed until voting ends for the day.As reporters tried to explain to the GECOM staff that it is customary for reporters to take picture of presidential candidates, she called the offices of the Guyana Elections Commission and only after being given the go ahead did she allow reporters in.Even so,Cheap Jerseys China, there was confusion as the Polling Staff processed Mr Ramotar,Wholesale NHL Jerseys, and he became visibly upset.As he left the polling station, there were chants from APNU supporters of “Granger! Granger!” referring to the coalition’s Presidential Candidate, David Granger.Ramotar expressed disappointment with the behaviour of the staff and the APNU supporters.“I think that it is totally unfortunate because it violated all the laws and customs of GECOM. I don’t think people are supposed to behave this way.”He said that the behaviour of the crowd was “typical” of the PNC (the major party in the APNU alliance) and of the Alliance for Change.However, Ramotar said he was confident of the PPP/C retaining the seat of government for a fifth consecutive time.“I am confident of victory; we’ve done a lot of work and so I am very confident we will win.”

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-11 00:06 
Terry Stewart,Cheap Jerseys, of Triumph,Cheap NFL Jerseys, East Coast Demerara,Discount NFL Jerseys, will have to spend the next three years in prison, after he pleaded guilty when he appeared before Magistrate Rondel Weever, at the Blairmont Magistrate Court on Monday.Stewart was carrying marijuana in his backpack. According to the prosecution, on September 20,CHeap NFL Jerseys China, at D’Edward Village,Stitched NFL Jerseys, West Bank Berbice,Wholesale China NFL Jerseys, Stewart was observed behaving in a suspicious manner.He was stopped and searched by the police and the drug found.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-11 14:12 
A couple was yesterday granted bail for charges of forgery and fraud.They have been accused of issuing forged documents to both the Central Immigration and Passport Office and the United States Embassy.Surgical instrument technician, Stephen Herman Singh, a 34-year-old father of two and Bibi Shienaza Ally, 27, both of 7 Johanna South, Black Bush Polder, Corentyne, Berbice, were granted bail in the sum of $340,Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale,000 after appearing before Acting Chief Magistrate Melissa Robertson. Singh answered to charges of uttering a forged document, conspiracy to commit a felony and giving false information to obtain a passport. Ally was charged with conspiracy to commit a felony.It is alleged that on November 3 at the US Embassy,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Duke Street, Georgetown, with intent to defraud, Singh uttered to a Counsel Officer a forged birth certificate in favour of Ryan Anthony Mangee, knowing same to be fraud.It is also alleged that between September 30 and November 3 at Georgetown, Singh and Ally,Cheap Jerseys China, with intent to defraud, conspired with each other and persons unknown to forge one birth certificate in favour of Ryan Anthony Mangee.It is further alleged that on May 9, 1997 at Central Immigration and Passport Office, for the purpose of procuring a passport for himself,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Singh stated that he was Ryan Anthony Mangee.They both pleaded not guilty to all the charges.Representing the two accused in court was Attorney at law Vic Puran.The lawyer explained that his client was taken to the US as the son of his uncle,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, by his uncle. He added that his client returned to Guyana to see his teenaged sweetheart and went into the US Embassy where he was asked to acquire a new birth certificate.He was not able to acquire one legally since they determined that he was not Ryan Anthony Mangee at the GPOC. “He still got one though…what we lawyers would call ‘genuine bogus’,NFL Jerseys Outlet,” Puran told the court. The lawyer went on to state in his application for bail that his clients are working along with the police in the case and requested they be released in their own recognizance.Police Prosecutor Deneashwar Maindranauth who had no objections to bail, stated that the facts of the prosecution are as the counsel stated in his application.Ally was granted $85,000 bail for her one charge. Meanwhile, Singh was granted $85,000 for each of the three charges read to him.The two are expected to return to court on December 9.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-12 07:43 
Labour Minister awaiting advice before intervening As both the Guyana Labour Union and the Mayor and City Council seem bent on their decision as it relates to arbitration, Minister of Labour Manzoor Nadir said he is awaiting advice before he intervenes.According to Minister Nadir, he has been keeping up to date with the issue and is awaiting a report from the Chief Labour Occupational Safety and Health Officer,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Mohamed Akeel.In an invited comment, Nadir said that he hopes that both parties come to a mutual agreement as it relates to the arbitration since it is the workers who are suffering.He said the Ministry’s intervention should be a last resort for both parties. He further stated that he prefers to see the parties come to an agreement rather than to have the Ministry involved.He, however, expressed his dissatisfaction over the way those workers in management position dealt with the issue.According to Minister Nadir,Wholesale Jerseys China, those in managerial positions have already sorted themselves and their issues out,Cheap NFL Jerseys, thus leaving only the lower class of workers.Meanwhile, GLU General Secretary, Carvil Duncan, said the Union will be taking to the road in protest action come Thursday morning if the Minister fails to intervene in this matter which he deems as national interest.In an earlier interview,Sale NFL Jerseys, Duncan said only the Minister can intervene and bring a solution to the issue.Yesterday,China NFL Jerseys, Duncan said that City Hall has not shown any sign that it is willing to compromise its position.As such Duncan said the union has already briefed its workers and come Thursday will go ahead with protest action.After years of deliberation and coming to a deadlock over wages increase and a number of other issues,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, the GLU and City Hall agreed to arbitration. However, the Council is calling for a tribunal and this has been met with strong opposition by the Union which is calling for one mediator.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-13 23:05 
–?? ?Continues excavation works in MoblissaA Chinese National and official attached to Bai Shan Lin International yesterday blatantly refused to sign a” cease order” by the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC), and prepared by Geologist and Mines Officer Rickford Vieira, while workers attached to the entity flagrantly continued excavation works? in the Moblissa area.The loam pit is equally as worrisome to officials.They were working even though no permit was granted for such activities to be carried out in the first place, and the entity was given at least three cease orders,China Jerseys For Sale, according to reports.Vieira later contacted the Commissioner of the GGMC with regards to Bai Shan Lin’s refusal to comply with the latest cease order, and was told that a team of officials would be dispatched to the area, to seize all equipment from the worksite, as early as today.In relation to the cease order, Vieira said that it was the third one that Bai Shan Lin was given, with the first being a verbal notice on January 27th, and another written one sometime later, by another official attached to the GGMC. He pointed out that no permission was granted by the GGMC? for any excavation works to be carried out by Bai Shan Lin, in or around Moblissa.Despite these notices, Bai Shan Lin however continued working up to yesterday, when a team, including Region 10 Vice Chairman Byron Lewis, CEO of Linmine and NICIL? Linden? representative Horace James, environmental representative Samuel Wright and GGMC representative Rickford Vieira,Cheap Jerseys Store,? among others, paid a visit to areas presently being excavated by Bai Shan Lin.The site visit was sanctioned by Chairman of Region 10,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, Sharma Solomon, who did not make the trip, but? expressed concern over the manner in which Bai Shan Lin had chosen to conduct its business.Solomon said that the Bai Shan Lin programme commenced late last year, subsequent to a request from the chairman of the Forestry Commission, who asked the Region? to ‘allow and entertain them”.Excavation works are ongoing at the illegal sand pit.He pointed out that the region accepted and granted the permission with the understanding that Bai Shan Lin would fulfill the necessary requirements of the relevant agencies like the GGMC, Forestry Commission, the EPA and Lands and Surveys.None of that was done Solomon pointed out, even though work was ongoing.What was more serious, he added, was that Bai Shan Lin commenced construction of a two-mile road, without any permission.For the construction of the new road, the company removed 37,800 tonnes of laterite from the Moblisa area, Solomon said.He added that Bai Shan Lin had requested that the Region grant the company ten days beginning Friday, to put themselves in order, as regards concerns expressed, by the region and other concerned agencies.“However before we give any consent, as regards any request or requirement,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, we would want to have our environmental interpretation and also an assessment to be done as regards what is happening.”Solomon said that Bai Shan Lin had removed 400 loads of laterite from the Moblissa area, and in the process had significantly damaged the Moblissa Farm Road.“What you have in Moblisa is a $40 million Farm Road that has been significantly damaged and is now affecting farm supply… and there is absolutely no consideration for that.”Solomon said that Bai Shan Lin was only given permission to use the riverfront, but none was given for constructing a road or excavation works.He noted that outside of the environmental concerns, there are a lot of other concerns from the standpoint of the region. Some of those concerns include the displaced farmers who were promised compensation by Bai Shan Lin, but to date none has been forthcoming.Meanwhile Regional Vice Chairman Byron Lewis and Horace James expressed dismay at the excavation works which were done up to about ten feet from the Moblissa Farm Road, thereby undermining the integrity of the structure. Lewis was also concerned about the destruction of the Moblissa Farm Road, by the traversing of heavy equipment used by Bai Shan Lin, and which is placing severe hardship on farmers in the area.James said that excavation works of such magnitude,cheap jerseys, should have had a plan and permission, and that he knew for a fact that Bai Shan Lin was only given permission, to use the riverfront.“It is very important how you leave a site, and before commencing any excavation of such magnitude,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, the regulatory body always has to be given a plan, and permission must be granted,”?

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-14 01:44 
By Kiana WilburgThe Private Sector Commission (PSC) has been granted Observer Status by the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) for the upcoming Local Government Elections (LGE) on March 18.Members of the Private Sector Commission and the Diplomatic Corps during the press conference yesterday .It will be accompanied by the United States of America (USA), the United Kingdom and Canada, which have also been granted Observer status.This was revealed during a press conference, yesterday, held by the Commission and members of the Diplomatic Corps at the PSC headquarters,Wholesale Jerseys Authentic, on Waterloo Street.Speaking to members of the media, PSC Chairman, Norman Mc Lean, said that the Private Sector, in its quest for the maintenance of good governance in Guyana, has consistently been proactive in supporting the conduct of free,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, fair and peaceful elections.In this regard, Mc Lean emphasized that the Commission would be willing to lend its support to the relevant authorities.He recalled that the Local Government Elections, which are being held for the first time since 1994, present the opportunity for the will of the people to be exercised in ensuring the election of stable,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, properly functioning local government organs and systems.The Chairman noted that the PSC is however concerned that there may be a tendency for citizens, who are unaccustomed to having a voice in the election of their local government officials, to place a low premium on the value of their votes.He said that the danger exists that these persons may stay away from the polls on March 18. In this regard, he said that the Commission would like, therefore, to call for the full participation of all Guyanese in the electoral process and to urge every citizen to go out and cast their vote.Mc Lean said that the casting of votes in the 2016 Local Government Election is the right of each and every eligible Guyanese. He said that the right,Jerseys From China, moreover,Cheap Jerseys From China, is no longer being denied.As such,China Jerseys NFL, it is incumbent upon everyone to exercise their constitutional right to vote for the candidates of their choice.British High Commissioner, Greg Quinn, noted that United Kingdom will also have observers for the elections. He recalled that his predecessors have been calling for the holding of Local Government Elections for some time and is therefore happy that it will be taking place.The diplomat reiterated that it is now incumbent on the people go out and exercise their democratic mandate. He said that this is the time for people to be able to exercise their power so that they can choose those persons who are fit to properly address their concerns.The Ambassador said that he is urging all Guyanese to exercise their right so that they can be properly represented at this level after some 23 years. Quinn noted however, that at this point in time, he would be unable to say how many observers the UK would have on the ground.He said that focus would be on the Georgetown area based on logistics.Deputy Head of Mission at the US Embassy, Bryan Hunt, said that Local Government Elections will be critical to the people of Guyana. Hunt said that it is the first line of defense in any democracy and the citizenry has waited for more than two decades for it to take place.The envoy revealed that the USA would have just over 70 observers.He said that they will have observers in almost every region where voting will be taking place and looks forward to a large turnout come March 18.Charge d’ Affaires of the Canadian High Commission. Daniel Joly, also spoke to the importance of Local Government Elections. Like Quinn, Jolie was also unsure about how many observers from Canada would be working come March 18.Mr Mc Lean said that while GECOM did a commendable job on educating the public on LGE, more could have been done.But Hunt intervened at this point, stating that it may be easy for someone to say it is GECOM’s responsibility to inform the citizenry. He said however that the responsibility is one that should be shared.The USA Deputy Head said that GECOM does not and should not bear the sole responsibility for education on LGE. He said that some of the burden also falls at the feet of the political parties, the candidates running for the positions and even the media.Quinn said that it is not constructive or helpful for anyone to spend too much time criticizing GECOM and agreed with Hunt that everyone has a role to play in the education process.The British envoy also said that these elections are important because there have been people who have been sitting on councils and not ne

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-14 06:24 
Attorneys representing the victims of the Linden unrest are seeking to grill Minister of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee, during the Commission of Inquiry.Attorney-at-Law Basil Williams described Rohee as “the main pivot” in assisting the Commission in its investigation into the circumstances behind the July 18 tragedy.Clement Rohee“We expect in accordance with the Terms of Reference issued by the President that the Minister will be here to testify,” Williams told the Commission yesterday.“The Minister is the subject of the Terms of Reference before you. The Ministry is responsible for the policy direction of the Force. So he (Rohee) is instrumental in assisting you in making a determination and recommendations for a more effective functioning police force.“The Minister is the only person who could tell you how he executes his policy functions of the Guyana Police Force. He has to tell you about calls to police officers (on the day of the shooting). He has to tell you about the policy direction for the Force,Wholesale Jerseys China, In terms of how that particular exercise was executed in Linden, about weaponry and ammunition and shields for policemen…“The Minister cannot escape coming here on the basis that other people didn’t give evidence against him; there is evidence against him anyway,cheap nfl jerseys china, that he called Mr. Hicken (former E&F Division Commander) immediately after the shooting on the bridge.“You have seen three senior policemen come to you and each of them gave a contradictory account about how the force is supposed to function. People have been killed. We are trying to avoid our people being killed. So the Minister is a main pivot in assisting you,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, Sir. I won’t like to know the Minister doesn’t really intend to come to assist this Commission of Inquiry,” Williams asserted.According to the attorney and APNU parliamentarian,Jerseys From China, he and others had made recommendations to Minister Rohee “about why you have to come with lethal weapons whenever the Guyanese people go on the road to protest…we suggested pepper spray, shields,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, rubber bullets and the like; and the Minister himself told me that he is taking these things on board, like the water cannon…”According to the Terms of Reference, the Commission should inquire if Minister Rohee gave any general or specific instructions to police to maintain law and order in Linden before,NFL Jerseys China, during and after the events of July 18.The Commission is also tasked with identifying what unit was employed at the scene of the protests and its composition; what training was given to the unit in preparation for crowd control; a determination whether the shooting was done by police on the ground, and if so, to determine who gave the order and whether the police had justification for the use of lethal?force and inquiry into instructions for the operation.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-15 09:57 
Readjusting to a life of normalcy continues to be a daily struggle, said Mrs. Sahadin, of Vilvoordeen Village, Essequibo Coast.Mrs. Sahadin, who is still grieving over the death of her son Mohamed Zaaman, a carpenter, who met his demise,Wholesale NBA Jerseys Authentic, after the car he was traveling in, was involved in an accident on the Essequibo Road, last February. He was 36.??Mohamed ZaamanAccording to a police report, a hire car driven by the late Abdool Zainool was proceeding south along the Maria’s Lodge Public Road, when the car collided with a Land Cruiser that was proceeding north. Zainool died instantly while passenger Zaaman died three days later at the Woodlands Hospital.Recalling the events of February 9 last, Mrs. Sahadin, said that on the day of the accident she received a call at around 10:30 hrs informing her to walk with clean clothes for her son. She said she was never made aware that her son had been involved in an accident. Her worst fears,Wholesale Football Jerseys, however, were confirmed on her arrival at the hospital.She vividly recalled being greeted by a large number of persons who had already gathered at the hospital to view the accident victims.Ms. Sahadin believes that her son could have been alive today if the nurses at both the Suddie and Woodlands Hospitals had shown more professionalism in the care of her son.She said that the main reason for him being transferred to the Woodlands Hospital was the fact that he was not properly attended to on the Essequibo Coast.Mrs. Sahadin said that for seven long hours, her son remained covered in blood and when enquires where made by concerned relatives about his condition, they were told by the said nurse that she had no intention of tidying him up.Unfortunately,Cheap Jerseys From China, however, she said that task was thrust on her two other children,China NFL Jerseys, Zaleena and Zalim, who were willing and ready to comply.Still overwhelmed by emotions, Mrs. Sahadin told this newspaper that at no time and even after the accident did the driver or his family ever come forward to sympathize with her family or to offer some form of assistance.She said that although she would have preferred accepting a gratifying offer of sympathy, she is totally angry at the treatment that was rendered to her ailing son, both at public and private hospitals, during his time as a critical patient.She said he had suffered a broken right leg and had complained of severe stomach pains throughout his three days’ hospitalization and the doctors attached to the Woodlands Hospital consistently reassured the family.Zaleena said that although doctors at Woodlands Hospital assured them that the results revealed no severe complication after a scan,Cheap Jerseys, her brother continued to complain of pains in the stomach. No attention was given to his pleadings and only the broken leg was attended to.?Although convinced that something was not right contrary to the doctors’ continuous reassurances that the severe pains to the stomach were probably due to trauma, shock or gas, they decided to keep their concerns to themselves.Mohammed Zaaman died of multiple injuries three days after the accident. His colleague Zainool,Jerseys NFL China, died instantly on the Suddie Public Road.The Zaaman family is calling on the Ministry of Health to look into their matter seriously and do something about the situation. The thousands of dollars charged for a total body scan have all gone to waste.Zaleena said that it is a shame that a private hospital was paid to render a service and failed to do so. She said even the eight units of blood that her brother required were paid for, but never used on him. Zalena also said that the Tuesday night before her brother’s death he was consumed in pain and fell from his bed on three occasions. She attributed this to the negligence of the doctors.She recalled that the only treatment given to her brother to alleviate his stomach pains was the administration of morphine every hour. She said another doctor informed her that morphine is usually administered every two hours.Also speaking to this newspaper was Bibi Zoreena, the widow of the late Zaainool. She said after her husband’s sudden death, life is not the same. According to her, she is now forced to seek employment to maintain herself and two young children.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-15 13:45 
Can become a political weapon?“We believe that there are ulterior and sinister motives… We believe that it is a powerful weapon which could be misused in the hands of a government that alreadyshows a propensity to disregard the constitution.”?The Alliance for Change is calling for the withdrawal of the Wiretapping (The Interception of Communication Bill) legislation that is slated for debate in National Assembly today.According to AFC leader,NFL Jerseys China, Raphael Trotman, yesterday, at a press briefing, the piece of legislation has the potential, once made into law, to become a crippling political weapon.He noted that in countries where similar legislation has been implemented, it has only been used to target political oppositions rather than being used for the greater good of the nation.He said that it seeks to authorise the already illegally conducted practice of phone tapping, interception of emails, and other forms of electronic communication. “The AFC cannot in any way, shape,China NFL Jerseys, or form, support this and the other pieces of legislation in their present form.”He added also that the recently tabled legislation introduced by the government points to a growing concern about deliberate efforts of the regime to turn Guyana into a police state. “We make no apologies for stating this…Our ire is raised because of the presence of several unsavoury Bills on the Order Paper awaiting passage into law.”When questioned whether the party would seek to have the Bill amended, Trotman said that the Bill in its entirety was ‘rotten’.The idea of wiretapping legislation emanates from a recent CARICOM (Caribbean Community) Heads of Government meeting but to date no other CARICOM country has even commenced drafting such legislation.Trotman added also that his research has unearthed that no CARICOM state has been involved in the drafting of the piece of legislation in Guyana, which was the idea when the issue was first circulated.He noted, too,NFL Jerseys Clearance, that there was no structure in place to monitor the use of wiretapping in Guyana.“We believe that there are ulterior and sinister motives…We believe that it is a powerful weapon which could be misused in the hands of a government that already shows a propensity to disregard the constitution.”He said that it was because of the stated reasons that he and the party were unwilling to support the legislation.“We are not against supporting at some time but we need to see some safeguards in place to ensure that people’s rights and civil liberties are not violated.”In seeking that the legislation be withdrawn, Trotman called for a widespread public consultation.The AFC also voiced its opposition against the Court of Appeal (Amendment) Bill that seeks to grant a right of Appeal to the state in criminal matters.This, the party leader said, is a first in the Commonwealth and in any other “free democracy as far as our research permits…The AFC cannot support any legislation that is considered unconstitutional and which removes the basic and fundamental right of a fair and final trial.”The party also expressed its reservations against the Telecommunications Bill.Trotman noted that there were two particularly disturbing aspects.Firstly, “On the one hand, it places in our considered opinion, a heavy burden on the suppliers and retailers of these cards, and, in the context of Guyana and the operation of our society, it will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to comply with the strict requirements of recording,China Jerseys Cheap, storage and sharing of information.“On the other hand,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, we believe that the provisions of the Bill represents a clear and present violation of the rights of all Guyanese citizens, in that it allows too much disclosure of information,Wholesale NHL Jerseys, which is already in the possession of the Administration.”