金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
站內職務  yuguhun55@hotmail.com
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-12-26 19:15 
A 46-year-old man after opening fire on Customs Anti- Narcotics Unit (CANU) officers was on Tuesday remanded to jail after he pleaded not guilty to three gun charges.Baldeo Rai Singh,Cheap MLB Jerseys China, of Lot 19 Crabwood Creek Corentyne was brought to the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court before Acting Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine- Beharry.The charges stated that Singh who was said to be a logger,Wholesale Jerseys China, on November 3 at Crabwood Creek,Cheap Jerseys, Corentyne while armed with a gun discharged rounds at Ashley Williams with the intent to disfigure,NFL Jerseys Authentic China, disable or cause him grievous bodily harm.Singh was also charged with having in his possession one .380 Taurus pistol with eight matching rounds whilst he was not the holder of a license.The prosecution revealed to the court that on the day of the event CANU ranks acting on information received,Cheap MLB Jerseys China, were instructed to Ganesh Sawmill which is also located in Crabwood Creek. The ranks on approaching the establishment noticed two men seeking to exit the building.The ranks in an attempt to confront the men began to approach them when the men subsequently opened fire on the anti- drug ranks.It was also revealed that a third man who was sitting in a car outside of the establishment also opened fire on the drug ranks but made good his escape via the vehicle. The defendant and the other individual were subsequently apprehended by the said ranks.A search was conducted on the men and the gun and ammunition mentioned in the charges were found on the accused. They were later arrested and charged for the offenses.Singh was represented by Attorney at Law Vic Puran who told the court that his client denied the facts of the prosecution. Puran claimed that the defence had no evidence and even requested that the CANU officials perform fingerprint testing and ballistic testing as to determine the recent discharge of the firearm.The prosecutor objected to bail due to the seriousness of the offence in relation to the firearm and ammunition possession. The magistrate concurred.Singh’s matter has been transferred to the Springlands Magistrates’ Court for a continuation today.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-15 15:37 
Ayana Noble, of One Mile, Wismar, Linden, who is currently hospitalized with? extensive burns about the body after an in-law threw a lighted kerosene stove on her, said that the vicious attack is the end result of years of abuse and harassment, at the hands of people whom she never wronged— her in-laws.Ayana NobleThe woman who was obviously in terrible pain was ‘clothed’ in bandages,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, and had a sheet loosely draped around her, as she recounted her gruesome ordeal yesterday.“Yesterday morning I was on my way to work. I was going out of the street- she was coming from my uncle; we were the only persons on the street, and her words to me was, watch where you going, and don’t enter me path.“I say to her,Cheap NFL Jerseys, this thing gone to another level now. You does torment me, and do all what you got to do to me. You gon meet me now on the road and want tell me all kinda thing?’Noble said that after she went in to work, she asked for a little time and stepped out of the office and made a complaint to the woman’s niece, who she would usually talk to when ever anything goes wrong in the yard.“I told her I fed up with this, and gon put an end to it”.The woman added that she went home a little early on Thursday,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, and she confronted the woman, who lives in the same yard, and? asked her,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, “Man, is wha I really do? I never pick up me bag and come here just like that. Is you nephew bring me here. What you really want from me? This nonsense ain’t gon done?”“At the time she was at the pipe. I don’t know what she was doing.”Noble said that her attacker subsequently went into her? apartment,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and in the space of five minutes,Cheap NFL Jerseys, appeared at her? window with a lighted kerosene stove and said move from me f****ing door and simultaneously threw the stove on her.Her clothes were quickly engulfed, she added, and even after tearing them off there was still fire on her back.She was eventually saved from further injuries by her attacker’s niece who she said threw a sheet over her and succeeded in extinguishing the flames.Noble was taken to the Mackenzie Hospital by the very woman.Meanwhile the suspect, a security guard, remains in police custody.Both women live in a tenement yard at One Mile, Wismar. Sources said that there has been bad blood between them for years, with the victim, who is employed at the Mackenzie Post Office, bearing the brunt of the torment.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-19 21:37 
The Alliance For Change (AFC) in a statement yesterday said that it was shocked at the allegations being leveled against its former Chief Executive Officer Peter Ramsaroop.The party added that he has denied the allegations and the Party expects that a thorough and professional investigation would be conducted and that it will be free from political direction.The party also sought to clarify what it called recent erroneous press reports,Sale NFL Jerseys, which suggested that Ramsaroop was asked to resign from his position as CEO.The party explained that as part of its ongoing preparations for upcoming elections,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, the Party commissioned an Organisation and Management Review which was conducted by a Consultant during the first quarter of this year.The Consultancy Report recommended that the functions and responsibilities of the CEO be reposed in the office of the General Secretary and Ramsaroop submitted his resignation from that position in order to allow the smooth transition and implementation of the recommendations contained in that report,Jerseys NFL Cheap, and re-assignment under the new dispensation. He remains a member of the AFC.“The AFC will pay special attention to the manner in which the investigation is conducted and would expect that all rights to which Ramsaroop is entitled as a citizen of Guyana,China Jerseys Cheap, will be afforded him.”

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-20 01:51 
Bertie Gulliver, 64,NFL Jerseys Cheap, yesterday appeared before Magistrate Fabayo Azore at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court, charged with robbery.It was alleged that on October 16,Wholesale Jerseys China, at 51 Sheriff Street, Campbellville, Gulliver stole a quantity of clothing,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, fishing equipment, two compact still cameras, one cellular phone, one I-Phone charger and one British passport,Cheap Jerseys From China, property of Nicholas Barridge. The total value of the items stolen is £5000 which is equivalent to GY$1.5M. The defendant, who is a taxi driver and resides at 38 Robert Road, Plaisance, pleaded not guilty to the charge which was read to him.Prosecutor Ramsahoye Rambajue told the court that Barridge was part of a tourist group from England.On the day of the robbery the group was on their way to the Ogle International Airport,China NFL Jerseys, and stopped at the Kamboat Restaurant to have lunch,China NBA Jerseys, leaving their suitcases in tourist bus BPP3261.The Prosecutor related that when the tourists returned to the bus after about an hour, they found the bus windows open and discovered that Barridge’s suitcase was missing.According to the Prosecutor, a nearby Close Circuit Television (CCTV) system revealed the defendant and another male removing the suitcase from the minibus and putting them in a car belonging to the defendant.The Police Prosecutor objected to bail on the grounds of the value of the items stolen and the defendant being a flight risk.Magistrate Fabayo Azore refused bail and Gulliver was remanded to prison. He is expected to appear in court on November 5.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-26 16:17 
At the end of this year, a new law is expected to be in place to promote and protect the rights of people living with disabilities.This is according to Minister of Health, Dr. Leslie Ramsammy, who whilst addressing a gathering at a “Write shop on Developing Disability Awareness Messages”, noted that the new law will also address the issue of stigmatization and discrimination against persons living with disabilities.The draft law is currently with the Ministry of Health, and over the next several weeks, will engage the Cabinet subcommittee.The draft document will be submitted for parliamentary action for a session which is slated to commence in October.?At the two-day workshop, which commenced yesterday,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Dr Ramsammy urged that persons with disabilities need to take the lead in ensuring that the public’s attitude is changed towards them.One way to do this, he said, is to ensure that they portray and develop a positive image.At the World Health Assembly, which was held in May of this year,NFL Jerseys Supply, Dr Ramsammy said that he insisted that the assembly place disability firmly on the developmental agenda and that it also be a priority on the health schedule.“It’s a major health issue and I believe that the global and national agenda on development has neglected disability and it is high time that we correct that gap,” Dr Ramsammy said.Although progress has been made both nationally and globally, people living with disabilities still do not have the same rights and do not enjoy the same privileges as any other ordinary citizens.In this regard, the Health Minister said that communities have contributed to stigmatizing such persons, eventually leading to discrimination.“We see it at workplaces; we see it where services are provided; we see it at the transportation aspect; and far,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, far too often we see it within our own families.“The solution to the problem we encounter would not come unless we are all engaged. People living with disabilities must be part of the solution,” the Minister said.He explained that persons living with disabilities simply ask to be understood and to be allowed to live their lives to the fullest without being discriminated against.Dr Ramsammy chided the public, whether they are employers, church leaders, community leaders or the transportation association, for depriving persons with disabilities of the opportunity to live life with dignity.He noted that the general public needs to recognize that persons with disabilities are also talented and deserve a chance to showcase what they can do.The public,Cheap Jerseys From China, Dr Ramsammy said, must learn to respect this.Meanwhile, Julie Lewis, who is visually impaired and who is also involved in mass communication,Cheap NFL Jerseys, said that persons with disabilities are not happy with their portrayal in the media, which can at times be negative.She, however, added that disabled people must be involved in positive activities so that the media can write positively about them. According to Lewis, being disabled must not be seen as a death sentence.She said it can be overcome and can be lived with easily.Lewis stressed that persons living with disabilities must seek to empower themselves by finding jobs and making a positive contribution to society.The National Commission on Disability (NCD) in its strategic plan has as one of its strategies, Public Awareness and Media Advocacy.?A line of action under this strategy is to Design a Comprehensive Campaign to provide information on disability issues for the general public and Advocate for responsible and sensitive Media Practices.Research shows that disabled persons are the world’s largest minority.According to the 2002 census, the number of persons with disabilities in Guyana is 48,Cheap NFL Jerseys,419, which is about 6.4 per cent of the total population.Forty-one per cent of disabilities were caused by an accident; 18 per cent were acquired at birth, and 15 per cent were caused by diseases.Only 22 per cent of persons with disabilities, who are above fifteen years old, are in the labour force.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-26 19:07 
By Akola ThompsonFor many women,Authentic China Jerseys, cooking is a hobby, a pastime done to amuse or more importantly put food on the table for their family members. For the women in the Stabroek Market however, cooking is a livelihood, a business mostly passed down through generations of women who contribute to the rich cultural heritage of Guyanese society.Food Vendor Janet SheonarineThe question of “why” these women chose this particular work however arose and most of the reasons given revealed the way society has failed them. Years of unemployment and below-minimum wage, combined with a natural love for food, saw these women starting a trade they were already good at in order to provide for their families.One vendor, who would rather not be identified, revealed the challenges she has had to overcome throughout the years before she was able to enjoy her current comfortable life.“Before I start renting here, I had a lil office job, typing. They used to pay $36,000 a month and I used to work 10, sometimes more, hours a day. Them time I had my lil son and he father been dead but I couldn’t spend no time with he really cause I deh working long, long for lil bit pay. I ask my manager to raise my pay lil after a while ‘cause I poor and suh yuh know and I get my child but he wanted (sexual) favours and that’s when I left the work,” she confided.The woman then recounted her various stints selling greens, cleaning houses and washing clothes in her area in an effort to make ends meet. “Many times I just wanted to give up, ‘cause my son keep getting big and like I was just getting poorer.”The woman revealed that she had never given the idea of cooking for a living any thought but on her son’s eight birthday the idea was expressed to her to sell food. She related that she had held a small ‘get together’ where she cooked several different dishes and one visitor complimented and encouraged her cooking so heavily she felt embarrassed. The idea stuck with her however and when she became aware of a stall in the market for rent she immediately pounced on the opportunity.“I’m not saying everything really, really good now ‘cause it’s not but I getting enough money to take care of myself and my son now and that’s all that really matters.”Another food-vendor, Janet Sheonarine,Wholesale Jerseys China, the proud owner of two connected stalls,Cheap NFL Jerseys 2018, one of which was inherited while the other was bought, said that despite her not facing direct hardships her great grandmother had it very “hard” in the beginning.“Our family was never rich but with the economy at the time we really began to feel the squeeze and my great grandmother was always struggling to make ends meet,” Sheonarine divulged.Tinged with poverty, her great grandmother, after years of saving her meager earnings,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, finally had enough money to invest in a food-stall in the Stabroek Market. The stall was later passed down to Sheonarine’s mother and then to Sheonarine herself who revealed that she has every intention of passing the stall down when she believes they are ready as she explained it is very hard for young women in the competitive working environment.“I frighten they may have a hard time, it was very hard when I came out here first because everybody have their people they build relationships with and want to buy from and it takes time,” stated Sheonarine.Sheonarine has been in the food stall business for over five years and throughout these years has relentlessly catered to thousands of individuals and continues to attract so many customers that she now has several hired hands.The dishes she prepares, like most of her counterparts in the market, are Creole based dishes,Wholesale Jerseys, which sees her pulling in around 40 customers on regular days and more on holidays. A large part of her clientele consists of tourists who wish to experience the taste of authentic Creole food. While she related that most of the foreign customers would come by word of mouth,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, it clearly displays the cultural significance these stalls have on the Guyanese economy.The food vendors like Sheonarine at the Stabroek Market are just a small number of several women across Guyana using the things they love to fight against – unemployment and minimum wage jobs.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-26 19:10 
–?? ?establish Parliamentary Committee first – GPSUThe Guyana Public Service Union (GPSU) has called on government to hold off on the appointment of a new Commissioner for the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC) until the establishment of Parliamentary Committee to oversee the body.The call was made yesterday by the union’s President, Patrick Yarde, during a press conference at the entity’s headquarters.Flanked by top GPSU officials, Yarde explained that the union has taken note of reports in the media that there are plans to restructure GGMC and appoint a new head. The comments were reportedly made by the new government official in charge of mining, Minister of Natural Resources and the Environment, Robert Persaud.GPSU President Patrick Yarde and other union officials at the press conference yesterday.GPSU is insisting that the current position should go to Karen Livan, the current acting Commissioner, who has been with GGMC for over 30 years.During a recent forum, the new minister disclosed that changes will be coming to the mining industry which is experiencing a high from record-breaking gold prices. His ministry is a new one created under the Ramotar administration to tackle forestry, mining, the Low Carbon Development Strategy and the emerging oil and gas sectors in a more comprehensive manner.Previously, forestry fell under the Agriculture Ministry,Wholesale Basketball Jerseys, while mining was the responsibility of the office of the Prime Minister. The LCDS was handled by the Office of the President.The gold rush recently has seen a rash of violence in the interior and there were complaints that the situation was getting out of control with Brazilians, Venezuelans and others looking to cash in. There have been calls for firmer control on that sector,Cheap NFL Jerseys, whose contribution to the gross domestic product (GDP) has steadily been rising in recently years.NO NEEDYarde insisted that his union has been removed from sitting on the GGMC board under the Jagdeo administration and that there is a comprehensive programme for the modernisation of the GGMC that commenced in 2007 when that agency participated fully in the Government of Guyana Public Management Modernisation Programme (PMMP).This plan included critical management aspects of performance; finances; human resources; accountability framework; governance and regulation and information technology.Already GGMC has taken action by implementing a five-year strategic plan which started in 2008 and concludes next year. A study is underway to computerise the Commission, and there is an active pursuance of International Standard Organisation (ISO) certification commencing with the Land Management Department which achieved certification in March 2011.“A consultancy by S.V Jones Associates to guide the implementation of the Human Resource Management recommendation. The S.V. Jones Associates report recommendations were progressively implemented by the GGMC.”The union leader believes that GGMC has progressed and there have been a series of tremendous developments to which the current management has developed intimate knowledge and acquaintance.“Hence, it seems strange for the Minister to suggest that the GGMC has not been keeping abreast with developments in that industry or as he put it “a 20th century organisation serving a 21st century sector”. Further, the claims of the Minister has put the Hon. Prime Minister Samuel Hinds in an untenable position given that Prime Minister Hinds was the subject Minister and is far more qualified to make pronouncements on the mining sector.”According to recent reports, Rickford Vieira, a senior official of the WWF Guianas, has been tipped for the Commissioner’s post.But Yarde yesterday said that his union was unhappy with such moves.“With respect to the vacancies that exist and would exist in the future, persons were trained and groomed as successors. Yet it is rumoured that the Minister favours the appointment of an individual, who previously served at a junior level within the Commission and left that employment over a decade ago.”He emphasised that the rumour was not denied.“This rumour was not negated or corrected by the Minister,Wholesale Jerseys From China, but if true, would bring the converse effect to the Commission, which would be to foist a man with 20th century knowledge on a 21st century institution. The actions of the Minister disclose an intention to avoid appointing Ms Karen Livan, who has given yeoman service to the Commission for over 30 years, in favour of his preferred candidate.”QUALIFIED?Yarde pointed out that the GGMC advertised the position of Commissioner in August 2011,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, but to date interviews of shortlisted candidates, have not occurred.“It goes to sa

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-27 01:05 
Police are investigating the death of a 40-year-old miner whose body was found with a suspected gunshot wound to the head at Five Star Backdam,Wholesale Jerseys, North West District.The dead man has been identified as Anthony Lewis of West Ruimveldt,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Georgetown.In a statement,jerseys from china, the police said that they are investigating the murder which occurred around 20:30 hrs on Friday,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, last.Lewis was found with a suspected gunshot wound to his head in the vicinity if his mining camp.Investigations are ongoing.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-27 06:45 
The executives of the Alexander Village, La Penitence, River View and Albouystown (ALRA) have donated US$1,000 towards the renovation and maintenance of the Alexander Village Mandir, Greater Georgetown.The handing over of the donation was done at the Alexander Village Mandir.The executives,Wholesale NBA Jerseys, who are all United States-based, are Kenneth Alfred, Randolph Kumar and Shabier Yamin. They are former residents of Alexander Village.Pandit Rabindranauth Persaud and Mrs. Swarti R-KumarMrs. Swarti R-Kumar, who made the donation on behalf of the organisation, said that the mandir has for some time been in need of repairs to the gutters and other areas of concern. The donation is appreciated by the members of the village and the mandir.ALRA’s contribution was graciously accepted by the mandir’s overlooking elder, Pandit Rabindranauth Persaud, on behalf of both the members of the community and those who participate in the mandir’s weekly services.Pandit Persaud stated that the mandir, which has been in existence for some 50 years, has been like a beacon light to the community, especially to the youths.“I must first say, on behalf of the people of the community and the Alexander Village Mandir, that we are gratefully thankful for this donation. It will do much for the building,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, since time and again during the Deepavali celebrations and at other times, others, mainly from outside our community,Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic, when in the mood, would throw exploding devices,NFL Jerseys Supply, in the process destroying parts of the mandir.”According to Pandit Persaud, the many children in the village attend the activities and services the temple may host, especially on special occasions. These mainly consist of programmes that encourage the importance of high morals and values.“This sort of contribution strengthens the relationship with members and the community alike. The donation will help to enhance the environment and the appearance of the mandir, and for that we are grateful.”Mrs. Kumar who has been living in the United States for over 30 years now, said that she is happy to be part of such a notion that,Wholesale NFL China Jerseys, in the end, brings about a place that is peaceful and beneficial to learning and development.The Alexander Village Mandir, according to Pandit Persaud, will be hosting the Maha Shiva Ratri,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, which means “a great night of Shiva”, starting from next Saturday and ending on Mashramani Day.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-27 06:47 
Teachers and students of the?Richard Ishmael Secondary School have benefited from a health day project organized by the Old Students Association (OSA). Students of the school organized a health fair titled “Health Smart Day”,Cheap Baseball Jerseys, on May 15,Cheap NHL Jerseys Online, 2013.Many students and their teachers benefited from dental and optometry services offered by a health team. However Kaieteur News understands that the fair is the second of its nature where basic medical services are offered to the students and teachers of the school,NFL Jerseys China, following an initial visit from a health team in March.A Richard Ishmael school student receiving dental care.Among the services offered were counseling on health and nutrition including checking Body Mass Index (BMI), Dental care, optometry,Cheap Jerseys From China, Blood sugar and pressure testing and Vaccine Information and Awareness.The OSA has been receiving support from the Ministry of Health and, to a lesser extent, the New GPC as they seek to bring health care to their former educational institution.Deputy Head Mistress Ms. Melanie Jones, said, “The venture was greatly appreciated by both teachers and students.”She also noted that it was well organized and did not interrupt classes.Secretary of the OSA, Fayne Bhudu,Discount NFL Jerseys, says that the group intends to make the health drive a monthly event,wholesale jerseys, considering it as a successful one.Budhu said that they will first need to analyze the outcome of the health drive.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-28 04:15 
The University of Guyana Student Society (UGSS) is planning to reform its constitution, including an expanded student body in its decision-making process. This is one of its goals in enhancing the learning institution for 2012. The development will occur this semester.The student group pointed out that the impractical nature of having general meetings according to the definition of the constitution – students are locked out from the decision making in the UGSS.The lack of participation by students in the decision making process of UGSS,Wholesale Jerseys China, no fault of theirs, plays its part in fragmenting the student body,Wholesale Jerseys, alienating its members, destroying its esprit de corps (morale of the group), UGSS stated.This announcement comes at a time when the body is calling for students to coalesce into a radical political and intellectual force to accomplish their common needs, ranging from quality education to adequate and modernized learning environment and facilities in 2012.The body stressed that students should “clamour for developments that are stalled which could easily be reduced to empty and ineffective logomachies if those who are in the position to effect the changes are not being sent the signal that the UGSS,Cheap Jerseys, not only talks for,Wholesale Stitched NFL Jerseys, but more importantly, talks with the united voices of over 5,Cheap NFL Jerseys,000 dissatisfied students”.“To meet this ideal,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, albeit essential, stage in the development of students’ consciousness, students must come to the realization that there is a connection between rights and responsibilities. Our right to a quality tertiary education is contingent on our acknowledgement and fulfillment of our civil and moral responsibilities,” the group stated.UGSS emphasized that last November it organized the ‘Day of Disgust’ highlighting students’ intellectual and social responsibility. It signaled the necessity of students demonstrating some level of awareness and radical protest against the deterioration of one of Guyana’s most sacred institutions.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-24 10:01 
With General and Regional elections less than three weeks away, executive members of local youth organisations have said that local political parties feared the power the youths have in determining the next(Left to right) Head of Communications for the Guyana National Youth Council (GNYC) Francis Bailey, Administrator for Youth Movement Guyana and Robin Singh, and Chairman of Blue Caps, Michael Leonardgovernment.The common assertion was made during the radio programme “Hard Talk” which was broadcast on Sunday. The show featured Chairman of Blue Caps,Adam Joseph Duhe Dolphins Jersey, Michael Leonard; Head of Communications for the Guyana National Youth Council (GNYC) Francis Bailey; and Administrator for Youth Movement Guyana, Robin Singh.During the hour-long interview, each youth representative asserted that the increased knowledge among youths on issues affecting the country was becoming of concern to political parties.“The problem right now with the political parties, is that youths are more engaged; they are more exposed,” Leonard said. “There’s a fear of information and I believe that it’s probably on both sides.”He added that with the advent of modern technology, things happening around the country are more easily shared with the public. Sometimes this happens in mere minutes, he said. “That wasn’t possible years ago and that is the situation all around,” he added.He said that discussion is constantly ongoing within groups and these discussions are not only inter-group but inter-race. These discussions, Leonard said, are “changing the way young people approach their voting”.“They’re not just voting based on what they would have done before,Alexis Sanchez Arsenal Jersey UK, or what they’re parents would have said. They are now thinking,Cheap Jerseys, ‘Hey, maybe I should consider X because X is promising to actually deal with the problems at UG and that is important to me.’”Similarly,Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China, Bailey opined that the fear shown by political parties was them sensing the changing of the status quo.“What is happening with this generation here is that we’re challenging the status quo and we’re putting our weight behind no more business as usual,” Bailey said. He continued, “Youths are starting to think; we are not blindly being led…we are drawing based on consensus. We’re doing things differently. That must challenge the status quo and that’s where the fear comes from.”Leonard added, “They fear the collective political power of the youth. The youths combine really have a lot that can influence the outcome of the elections.”Furthermore, the youth representatives admitted that they had come under attack and had all been accused of having political affiliations. These accusations were leveled from both the opposition and the government, they said.Francis explained that both the GNYC and the Blue Caps were labeled as “pro-opposition” youth groups. Singh said that his group was often labeled as “pro-government”.When questioned whether they are forced to temper their perspectives, Bailey said that he did not believe they were being forced to modify their political views. However,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, he said, Guyana’s socio-economic environment caused many people to feel hesitant to air views because “it’s so common to be attacked, victimized, lose your job and threatened, for even expressing an opinion.”Singh added, “In my case, I ask a lot of questions of the opposition and right away people say I must be PPP. The fact is that the PPP has been there for 23 years; I have no questions left. This is their track record and nothing they can tell me now can change my perception of them. So the people who want your vote, you ask them the questions.”The men emphasised that the main issue is holding people accountable, regardless of which political party they were aligned to. “That means if the government were to change tomorrow and the opposition was to take up position, that doesn’t mean the issues go away,” Bailey said.This publication has been reliably informed that the Youth Movement Guyana under Mr. Robin Singh,Jordan Shoes For Sale, has endorsed the People’s Progressive Party.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-24 17:50 
Bar Rat is bad news fuh de Donald. Dem had a special breakfast fuh reporters and when dem boys check is only dem who wukking wid de state tun up. Nobody didn’t guh from de Big Market paper,Wholesale Jerseys From China, de Waterfalls paper,Cheap NHL Jerseys China, Capitol News,NFL Jerseys Cheap, Prime News,NFL Jerseys China, Sharma and dem other private media.When dem boys ask all dem hear is that Bar Rat call dem vulture and carrion crows and dem vex. Dem seh that Donald didn’t even try fuh mek peace. Carrion crow can’t eat wid people.Donald get vex when he raise he head and he ain’t see none of dem. Was a bad start but dem boys seh that he can change de situation if he move heself from de carrion crow statement.But that ain’t so bad like dem boys who kill an old woman. De woman deh in she house and somebody wid money want de same house. Somebody pay a man who pay some others fuh shoot de woman. Five bullets dem pump in she.A man get ketch and he tell de police how he get hire but de police know that de money come from higher. De probe show that some rich man deh behind de old lady killing.Well dem boys seh that is time fuh de rope come out. People got to know that dem got limits and when dem pass delimit dem got to pay.At first some people try to cover up but de thing boil over. A man calling name and dem boys waiting to see who gun get ketch.One man surrender because he hear de police want he. How he hear? De police didn’t put out a wanted notice.Talk half. Lef half.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-24 19:04 
Queenstown, one the oldest Villages on the Essequibo Coast, celebrated its 171st anniversary on Tuesday with a series of activities to commemorate the occasion.The Village was bought by ex-slaves in 1841 after other freed slaves would have purchased three plantations, namely,Air Max 97 Silver Bullet Mens, Mocha,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, Dagaraad and West Field.Chairman of the Queenstown Development Association, Wendell Walcott, gave a brief history of the Village. He said that slaves, on East Coast Demerara, who bought both Queenstown and Victoria, sought to name Queenstown,China Cheap Jerseys, Victoria,? initially, after the then Queen of England but they decided against the name, since Queenstown was the first individual Village and Victoria was the first Cooperative Village.Renowned former counselor,Cheap Jerseys Free, Isahack Basir,Wholesale MLB Jerseys 2018, who was among invitees told the attendants that Queenstown and Danielstown,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, were the first two villages that set the foundation of the establishment of the Essequibo Coast.Basir, who said that Queenstown is geared for development, has also taken the opportunity to encourage the younger residents to preserve their village.The PPP stalwart encouraged students to be an added value, while reminding that Queenstown once supplied food for communities along the Coast.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-25 14:20 
The residents of the New Opportunity Corps,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, at Onderneeming,Throwback Jerseys, Essequibo Coast, wereMinister Frank Anthony being escorted by the masquerade parade as he entered the New Opportunity Corps Compound.treated to a special lunch to usher in the festive season of Christmas,China Jerseys, yesterday. The event was hosted by the Institution in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth, Culture and Sports.Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport, Dr. Frank Anthony,Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic, and his delegation which included Permanent Secretary, Alfred King; Assistant Director of Youth, Brian King; Mr. Universe, Hugh Ross; and Regional Chairman, Parmanand Persaud joined the residents at lunch.They were treated to a variety of delicious meals. The residents also took that opportunity to also interact with the Minister.Before the commencement of the lunch, there was the handing over of a brand new steel pan set to the inmates and staff by Minister Frank Anthony. A cultural programme featuring items of songs and poems followed.During his address, Minister Frank Anthony,Nike Men Air Max 97 For Sale, first encouraged the residents to work hard and to ensure that their stay at the juvenile facility proves successful. He said that his Ministry and the staff of NOC are there to lend moral support, especially in the form of counseling whenever needed by those residents who want to do better.Anthony reminded the residents that irrespective of their varying backgrounds and more importantly the circumstances that would have led them to being sent to the institution,Andrew Franks Dolphins Jersey, these should not be deterrents.Those circumstances should not prevent them from being able to empower themselves and acquire a skill which would in the future afford them employment in some form when they would have completed their stay at the Institution.“Make a ‘positive’ of your current situation.”Dr. Anthony said that they can learn from their past by being in control of what future they plan for themselves.”Have a projection for life; put an objective and work towards that vision.”Support also came from the Region Two Administration.Gifts were distributed to staff members and to those students who are attending school and who would have excelled academically.The Juvenile facility has a kitchen garden, engages in poultry rearing and garment construction as well as furniture making.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-25 16:47 
As the Government of Guyana begins the process for the formulation of a National Youth Policy, Education Minister Rupert Roopnaraine emphasised the need for the policy to be more than a report.The event was attended by a number of officials including Education Minister Rupert Roopnaraine (fourth, left), Junior Education Minister Nicolette Henry (third, right), Presidential Advisor on Youth Empowerment, Aubrey Norton (second,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, right) and UNICEF Representative Marianne Flach (third, left).Instead, he said, the policy must be one driven by action and implementation.Minister Roopnaraine made the remarks during the opening session of a two-day workshop aimed at the finalisation of the National Youth Policy.The working sessions were convened by the Government of Guyana in collaboration with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).During his remarks, the Education Minister emphasised that the process was not just the crafting of a policy but the crafting of an action plan.“I’m not interested in any more reports; what I’m interested in is implementation. Any report that comes to me that does not have a program of implementation or an action plan is not a report I’m going to spend a lot of my time on,” Roopnaraine stressed.He further said that Guyana could only move forward with the fullest participation of young people in the affairs of the nation. He said too that the future of Guyana belongs to the young people.“We recognized this in the process of the reform of the constitution and what you should know is that when we came to writing the preamble of the constitution,Air Max 97 Silver Womens, we took word for word the submission that had been made by youths,” he added.Noting that the Education Ministry was enlarged to take in the former Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport, Roopnaraine said that his ministry became not only one of the largest but the one charged with an extremely important task.He noted that persons under 35 represented about 70% of Guyana.Additionally, youths are affected by all society’s ills including poverty, unemployment,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, and suicide.He stressed that the Ministry of Education and the youths of Guyana must be the main drivers for the work of national reconciliation, something which was much needed in Guyana.‘This process that we’re embarking on is on engaging youths to find the solutions and we’re very interested in hearing what has to be said,” he said.Noting that Guyana had a “fractured society”, Roopnaraine said that the future generation will be tasked with national reconciliation.“We have a nation that is always hovering on the brink of self-destruction; we need to heal the fissure in society…so I urge you to embark on the crusade for national reconciliation,” Roopnaraine said.Furthermore, the Minister promised that the concerns and recommendations raised during conversations will be taken seriously. He also said that the youths will be seen as partners of development.Roopnaraine noted that these promises were similarly made by previous administrations and never materialised. Nonetheless, he said,NFL Jerseys China, he was not only making new promises but honouring old commitments.He added that, despite the repeated disappointments, youths were still hopeful and actively participating in the development of Guyana. He added that this participation must extend to holding officials accountable.“I urge your full participation and engagement and I urge you to hold us accountable at those times you feel that we are not holding up our end of our bargain,” Roopnaraine charged.A section of the audience during yesterday’s opening session.During an overview of the two-day session, Presidential Advisor on Youth Empowerment, Aubrey Norton said that having ideas clash was imperative to the formulation of the policy. He emphasised that frank discussion was a necessity if the policy was going to be a true reflection of the needs of Guyana’s youths.He said too that the eventual outcome of the policy would be the professionalization of the nation’s youths.“The intention is to ensure that we place youth work on a professional footing so that youths can be involved in youth work well prepared and well trained,China Jerseys,” Norton said.He also said that youth work must be shifted to an evidence based approach which will in turn be based on reality.For the workshop, the plenary sessions held were the forum for discussions on general views. Five working groups were also established to allow for discussion on thematic areas. For the most parts, the youths would be the most active participants in discussions held. While there were adults present, Norto

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-26 08:01 
The Guyana Gold and Diamond Miners’ Association will be intensifying efforts to decrease the number of existing stumbling blocks to ensure that small and medium miners get a bigger bite into several operational concessions asVice President of the GGDMA,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Andron Alphonso (right) and immediate past President of the Association, Patrick Harding.being given to larger companies.This announcement was made yesterday when the Association’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held at the entity’s Headquarters, North Road, Georgetown.Vice President of the GGDMA, Andron Alphonso, stated that for the year thus far, gold declarations have surpassed 420,000 ounces – a significant increase in comparison to this same period last year.He added that the increase in declarations can be partially attributed to the large-scale companies, many of whom would have commenced operations within recent months. However, he posited that the larger share of the declarations came from the small and medium scale miners.The Vice President said that this has been the norm for many years despite small and medium contractors not getting the level of concessions being given out to larger companies.Alphonso said that it should not be misconstrued that the GGDMA does not appreciate larger firms. In fact,China Jerseys, the association welcomes these companies and recognises their contributions to the country’s development as significant.However, the association will be intensifying its mission to ensure that there is a level playing field within the industry as it relates to concessions.He added that over the last year,Cheap World Cup Jerseys 2018, the government would have offered local miners concessions on several items including fuel,Nike Shox Women Clearance, mining spares and vehicles. He continued that while the Association is aware of a few miners who would have benefitted from the concessions on some of these items, it is not aware of a beneficiary of fuel and mining spares concessions.Alphonso made it clear that as it relates to fuel,Wholesale Jerseys, no blame can be placed on the Ministry of Natural Resources, nor the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC).The blockade avoiding the local small and medium miners to access this particular concession, he explained, is as a result of the Guyana Energy Agency (GEA)’s “unrealistic and difficult” requirements.He added that while the Government has provided an option for local miners to obtain items including mining spares at reduced prices, the additional “burden” – the payment of Value Added Tax (VAT) – on all heavy-duty mining equipment, is a terrible hindrance to the progress of miners in the industry.He expounded that with the introduction of VAT, the cost of upgrading operations has increased to over $6.5M – which he added, “is a hard pill for many miners to swallow.”Alphonso said that with the 2017 National Budget on the horizon, the GGDMA is urging the Minister of Finance to consider the removal of VAT on these items – which will be integral to the development of the level of mining in Guyana.The development of roads in the interior and the identification of additional roadways, were also amongst some of the calls made by the Association yesterday.Meanwhile, miners who were present at the meeting also raised concerns regarding security and GGMC’s will to resolve some of the pressing issues.One miner,Cheap Jerseys Paypal, who spoke during the Open Discussion Segment, and who later informed media operatives that he wished not to be named, said that small and medium scale miners are always the pillars that support Guyana’s economy.He therefore questioned why they are being treated this way and why some of their ills and concerns are being placed on the backburner.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-27 00:24 
The body of an eleven-year-old girl,Cheap Jerseys USA, who appeared to have been sexually abused,Adidas Nmd Shoes For Sale, was found on Tuesday hanging in a bathroom outside her Port Kaituma,Wholesale Jerseys 2018, North West District home.According to reports,Sale NFL Jerseys, the girl’s mother had scolded her after the juvenile had refused to do some kitchen chores.The child then went outside and was eventually found by a cousin in a bathroom dangling from a length of polythene cord.A police official said that an autopsy,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, performed yesterday, ruled out foul play.However,Stitched Jerseys, the source also said that the autopsy revealed that the victim was repeatedly subjected to sexual abuse.There are suggestions that the juvenile took her life to escape from her tormentor.Kaieteur news understands that police have detained a family member whom they suspect may be the culprit.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-2 23:07 
Police Detective Jermaine Landry told the court, yesterday, that accused murderer, Balram Singh,cheap nfl jerseys online, took investigators to the spots, where the body of slain taxi driver, Bhomeshwar Sukdeo, was dumped.Slain taxi driver, Bhomeshwar SukdeoSukdeo’s charred remains were identified on the Mocha Arcadia access road days after he had gone missing. Reports were that the deceased was murdered after his car was stolen.? He had been shot in the head and burnt. The incident occurred between January 19 and January 27, 2010.Singh, of Agricola, Greater Georgetown, was subsequently arrested.? He had allegedly admitted to selling Sukhdeo’s car to a taxi service in Grove, East Bank Demerara.??? He is facing a trial before Justice Navindra Singh and a mixed 12-member jury at the Georgetown High Court.Yesterday, Detective Landry told the court that after his arrest,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Singh took investigators to areas where the victim’s body was discarded.Landry was called to the stand by State Prosecutor Narissa Leander. According to him, Singh had taken police ranks to a dam and pointed them to the place where the taxi driver’s body was first dumped.At the home of the accused, the investigators unearthed a yellow and black bicycle and receipts from Courts and an auto sales dealership.Landry said that the accused told the ranks that he sold Sukdeo’s car and purchased the bicycle with some of the money he acquired.The detective said that Singh later led them to Eccles Industrial Site, and to Mocha access road.? The officer said that at Eccles, the accused pointed out a spot where he said, the body was first dumped, but at Mocha access road, the man pointed to an area on the northern side of the road,Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China, where he said the body was finally disposed of.The officer told the court that he also observed that sections of the bushes,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, on the northern side of the road,Wholesale China Jerseys, were burnt.Under cross examination, by Attorney Jermiane Jervis, the policeman maintained that he had been truthful to the court.He also noted that no threats were issued or inducement offered to Singh,Wholesale Jerseys, during this time.? Landry said that the accused freely and voluntarily gave the information to the police.? In response to questions by the Defence Attorney, the witness specified that Singh was never assaulted or forced to tell the police anything.He said that there was no blood or prints at the locations where the accused had taken the investigating ranks.? Following the testimonies from the witnesses yesterday, Prosecutor Leander indicated to the court that the State has one more witness to call.Government Pathologist, Dr. Nehaul Singh is expected to take the stand, when the trial resumes on Monday.

無頭像
yueyrt17wV
註冊會員

帖子 7093
威望 702207
金幣 702207
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2442
車型 
聚會次數 
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-3 21:47 
There has been a nine percent decrease in international passenger arrivals at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport during 2008.Manager of the airport, Ramesh Ghir, during a press conference yesterday, said that most of the airport’s income is generated from passenger arrivals and aircraft landings.He noted that there was also a four percent decline in international landings at the facility.“In terms of our income, we have an overall two percent increase in finances…this was due mainly to the fact that we were able to promote the non-aeronautical revenues, such as the retail concession and advertising at the airport.”During 2008,Cheap Basketball Jerseys, the airport transferred $287M to the Consolidated Fund, with $325M spent in expenses.When asked about the large number of incidences involving narcotics passing through the facility without detection, Ghir said that the airport management is not responsible for such matters. Rather, the Customs Anti-Narcotics Unit has to give account for the occurrences.And during the past year, the Guyana Civil Aviation Authority lost a number of employees, head of the organization, Zulfikar Mohamed,Cheap China Jerseys, said yesterday.Mohamed, who was also at the press conference, admitted that a large number of employees resigned from the organisation during the last year.In the area of air traffic services, he said, the organisation is in the process of modernizing air navigation services.“We will provide modern and new equipment for communication and navigation, to ensure safety of operation in Guyana.” The year in the aviation sector ended on a sad note,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, with the disappearance of the ‘Beech King Air’ operated by Dynamic Aviation, which went missing on November 1, 2008.After two weeks of searching,NFL Jerseys Cheap, the parties found nothing and,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys China, in the end,Wholesale Jerseys, the search had to be abandoned.But, according to Mohamed, the data acquired during the search is still being analysed in the United States.In September, there was also an incident in which a local operator ran off the airstrip at Kaieteur Falls.Then there was the incident in which a Delta Airlines flight on which President Bharrat Jagdeo was a passenger almost collided with a Caribbean Airlines plane. Addressing that particular incident, Mohamed said that the incident was deemed a ‘near miss.’ “We have since investigated all the incidences, and we have taken the corrective actions,” Mohamed said.Human errors, he however noted, are something one cannot completely prevent.